Thursday, March 15, 2007

Ew

Came across something that disturbed me and would like to share. Did a quick Google search for "Grokster" since that decision is the place to go to find out about inducement, and saw that grokster.com is still the number one result. Went to check it out and found that the homepage says:

The United States Supreme Court unanimously confirmed
that using this service to trade copyrighted material is illegal.
Copying copyrighted motion picture and music files
using unauthorized peer-to-peer services is illegal and is
prosecuted by copyright owners.

There are legal services for downloading music and movies.
This service is not one of them.

YOUR IP ADDRESS IS xx.xxx.xx.xxx AND HAS BEEN LOGGED.
Don't think you can't get caught. You are not anonymous.

I removed my IP address here, but that last bit has me disturbed. Not that I encourage infringement, and everyone should realize that there's no anonymity online, but still, it's a little too Big Brother for my taste. Ew.
View blog reactions

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home